Stuart Barden in Kenya

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Progress so far

Well, this morning I was out and about just on light and on the way to the tractor and plough I saw Wilder beasts, Warthogs, Antelope of various kinds and five Jackals before I reached the paddock.
The clearing crew have finished and I have kept 15 of the fellows on to do a final check for Whistling thorn stumps etc.
Lots of activity on the machinery front with a contractor having a road grader and 14t wheel loader working as well as our exervator plus our tractor ploughing plus the conservancy has one of their tractors helping as well.
It is almost 10.30pm and Annie is fast asleep beside me in bed, the wonders of wireless. There is a Wilder beast just outside making a racket. He sounds like he is in our yard although I don't think they could get through the fence.
They moo a little bit like a cow.
We have ploughed about 100ha in the past three days which doesn't sound much although we are only able to plough at 7km as I don't know whether it is the altitude making some of the tractors horses a bit short of breath or if as I suspect it is just heavy pulling.
I trained Francis who is one of our team yesterday on the tractor and I think the auto steer has him still in disbelief. He is going well with it which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment