Stuart Barden in Kenya

Monday, January 2, 2012

Last days in Australia

Well time in ticking, we are in Perth on our way to Kenya, our oldest daughter is starting Uni in Perth doing Biomedical science and we are just settling her in.
The clearing in Kenya has progressed well from all reports, we will be straight into it when we arrive, we are aiming to plant about 1000acres in Feb/March, lots to do before then.
It has been a trying season in Australia and quite disheartening to finnish our Australian time with a weather damaged harvest.
Annie, James, Grace and I are all very expectant about our new life in Kenya, James and Grace start school next week in Nairobi and will attend the same school which will be good as they weekly board and Grace has never done that, James is an old hand though and it will be great to know he is there for his little sister.
Anyway, I will post the next post from Kenya when we get established, hopefully our internet connection is still operating at our home. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Stuart, my name is Ruth Rowland's and I contacted you last year about work my husband and I are doing in Kenya. I was just touching base as we will be leaving OZ on February 2nd to come and thought I would organise a good time to catch up. We are just trying to organise a car to hire while we are there so hopefully will have some wheels so we can meet up. I think you said you are near Athi River??? Thanks heaps and be great to meet you guys...Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. my email is ruth@tandumonline.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. High Stuart, How are things going in Kenya. I saw your entry about leaving OZ and thought I'd follow your time in Kenya. We have moved from Muckadilla Qld back to Hamilton VIC. I hope all your Anne and the kids are well and look forward to hearing about your work in Kenya. Phil W

    ReplyDelete