Stuart Barden in Kenya

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ploughing New land

I took this photo while I was ploughing the other morning. I have been starting early and then handing over to one of our team, his name is Francis his father is Masi and his mum is a Kikuya. (he is tall) My spelling is Im sure not right.
James (not james our son) is filling the tires of the tractor with water at the moment as we are having trouble getting the power to the ground and we will run our first night shift tonight I hope.
As you can see I have been just running on raw GPS as it is fine for ploughing and I don't have to worry about the base walking during the night.
I was towards the top of our paddock/field and as you can see the altitude is 1660m there would be about a 40m fall over about 5km so there is a gentle slope. Note the Latitude at 1 degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment