Stuart Barden in Kenya

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bagging Sorghum


This is the first truckload of bagged grain I have ever delivered, Samson, Robert, Gideon, Patrick and a fellow who came with the truck loaded 27t on board the truck.(hard work)
Patrick who is a casual said to me after loading that his energy had "left him", we now just get 10 outside casuals to load each truck. For the Aussies, excluding the bags which are provided by the end user, it cost about 10 bob (Kenyan shillings) to fill and sew the bags and another 10 bob to load on the truck.
This is about $2.50  per t so it is not such a big expense, just takes some coordination.

1 comment:

  1. Good Day

    My Name is Kabo from Botswana and um very much interested importing Sorghum from Kenya to Botswana.
    my email is motlhankakb@gmail.com
    I have established market here in Botswana and we dont a have a lot here. I Was hoping that we come to an understanding so that you can take me through the industry that side or me buying the sorghum grains from your company.

    Regards

    Kabo Motlhanka
    Tel : +267 3935150
    Cell:+267 77047608

    ReplyDelete