Stuart Barden in Kenya

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tick fever and Progress

Well things on the farm are coming along, only 3km out of 8km of gravel/murum to go,takes a lot of loads when each truck only does 12 meters.
Grace and James have had a week at home for their mid term break, we had our first sniff of rain over the past couple of days. One local tells me that the long rains will start properly in two weeks. Wait and see.
By the end of this coming week we should have the fence line/boundary road finished and so then onto the fence.
We hope to see the next container by weeks end and then start putting together all the bits of the planter ready to use. Soil testing this week also to get a feel for nutrition status.
I have been ill for about ten days and on Friday was told by my new Dr that I have Tick fever, I have got some medication and hope to feel better soon.
Lots of Ticks here, they plunge dip the cattle once a week for them. I may have to join them.

1 comment:

  1. Gidday Stu and Annie,
    Great to keep up with what you're doing over there. Dip sounds like the easiest fix Stu - no pics required. Love to you all, Walks.

    ReplyDelete